Tuesday, July 12, 2011

♥ Oskar and his happy family ♥

 There is nothing as wonderful as the beach. I love photographing children near the ocean because I have always loved the juxtaposition of large (the sea) next to new (young child) or old and new, which you can see as a common vein in my work. This session was special for the MacMillans because their other children had already had photos taken in the past but Oskar had never been in the 'limelight' of a professionals camera. I was flattered they chose me, and when I arrived, I realized I had already met this family last year at  Katie and Keith's wedding! This is precisely why I love the Comox Valley SO much. Word of mouth is everything and no matter how hard you work to promote your art, happy clients and making an impression still counts! Enjoy MacMillans, it was truly a great time photographing you :)





















2 comments:

  1. awww I love Oskars sandy toe pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shawna! Thank you again for the amazing photos! You do such great work and I loved how you get all the angled shots. You made it all so effortless! Chris Sperber and the Sperber Family:)

    ReplyDelete